%@ Page Language="C#" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="UTF-8" %>
Regulatory Compliance for Mortgage Lenders
Online mortgage training from AllRegs.
This title is one of the many courses available in the AllRegs Education Package site-based subscription program!
The regulatory climate for mortgage lenders is always evolving. This course will provide you with the information you need to ensure you are in compliance with the federal laws governing residential mortgage lending.
AllRegs Academy’s Regulatory Compliance for Mortgage Lenders self-study online course provides an overview of the many federal laws governing residential mortgage lending including: the Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act, Homeowners Protection Act, Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, FACT Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act and the Fair Housing Act. The course covers the main requirements for each law including disclosure requirements.
Learning Goals & Objectives
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Recognize the laws governing residential mortgage lending
- Identify the requirements of the laws governing residential mortgage lending
- Recognize the role of regulators in compliance
- Evaluate if you are in compliance with the federal statutory requirements
- Recognize the main disclosures required on a residential mortgage loan
- Laws Governing Residential Mortgage Lending
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Required Disclosures:
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA)
- Required Disclosures:
- Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA)
- Homeowners Protection Act (HPA)
- Gramm-Leach Bliley Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- FACT Act
- Customer Relationships
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Intended as a tool to combat illicit activity, including money laundering
- Requires currency transactions over $10,000 and suspicious activity is reported
- USA PATRIOT Act
- Amends several laws including the BSA
- Requires a CIP program
- Fair Treatment
- Fair Housing Act (FHAct)
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA)
- 30-day Rule
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA)
- Reporting requirements
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
- Role of Regulators
- Hierarchy of law
Each self-paced, self-study course examines a particular topic, allowing students to hone in on a focused set of learning concepts. Each course is designed with learning objectives, comprehensive course materials, learning reinforcement activities that appeal to various learning styles, real world examples, and, where appropriate, video and/or audio recordings of industry experts.
The final exam is completed online with instant grading, and you can download your industry-recognized certificate of completion after you successfully pass the course. While course completion time varies per student, it will take approximately one hour to complete most courses.
Students have 12 months from the registration date to complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, students can download their industry-recognized certificate of completion and transcript.
*Restrictions apply. If your staff size exceeds 250, please consider the Enterprise AllRegs Education Package.
**Excludes SAFE Act Continuing Education Courses, the Fraudulent Identity Document Library Courses and FICO Pro Certification courses, including the FICO Credit Scores course.
For more information or to register by phone, call your Regional Account Executive
at (800) 848-4904 or email email@example.com.