Permanent, Full-Time Position
About the Company and Benefits
For over 20 years, AllRegs has been a leader in compliance and risk management solutions for the mortgage and banking industry. Join a proven leader and help bring a winning solution to the gaming industry. A unique combination of education and training programs, coupled with an on-line reference library will bring fraudulent document identification to an industry that has been behind the curve.
AllRegs, located in Eagan, MN, is the leading provider of on-line information to the mortgage industry. Founded in 1989, we are the exclusive publisher of mortgage guidelines for 5 of the top 10 lenders in the country as well as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the FHLBC. We enjoy an unbroken record of 21 straight years of profitability and increased revenue growth.
Our workforce is comprised of highly skilled, hard working, dedicated professionals who enjoy a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a great benefits package and hire only the best.
For a better understanding of who we are and what we do, please visit us at www.allregs.com.
- Position is a work-at-home position with a location anywhere in the United States
- Employer-funded H.S.A. account, (75% married, 100% single)
- 85% Employer paid Medical Premium
- 90% Employer paid Dental Premium
- Liberal Personal Time Policy
- Profit Sharing
- 401 K Retirement Plan
All inquiries will be handled in the strictest of confidence.
AllRegs is an equal opportunity employer.
Major Purpose of this Position
The position will manage custom Education and Training programs. It is in essence a program management job for projects such as custom training, web based course customizations, branded Moodle instances. Most customers are in the mortgage business. The position requires regular contact with customers about deadlines, change management of project requirements, and sticking to a process (that sometimes needs to be developed). The position manages staff, and subject matter resources to get the project work done in a timely manner. The position will be expected to integrate client specific information into existing AllRegs training products and services in a manner that both best leverages the AllRegs education platform and meets the client specifications.
By helping the customer create and then integrate their content into the AllRegs platform, the position will be delivering a customized, electronic training management solution to the mortgage and banking industry.
Specific Results Expected From Position
- The incumbent will play a primary role in discovery and scoping of a project. Projects may range from a simple customization of an off-the-shelf course manual to a full life cycle project such as creating a fully customized curricula, delivering that content in person or electronically (through content licensing or branded university), devising a training plan for that content and then testing employees on their mastery of the content.
- The incumbent will work with the customer to create a needs analysis, a project plan and a budget. The incumbent will help the customer gain an understanding of how their information may be integrated into the AllRegs education platform. The incumbent will then work with Sales to assist in the creation of cost estimates and proposal.
- Upon acceptance of the proposal the incumbent will become the primary project manager. This may include:
- Writing, or directing the work of other Education Professional Services staff to write, or develop training manuals, program curricula, custom workshop or, design workflows or best practices that are customized for the customer
- The incumbent will be expected to be knowledgeable and stay current on a broad range of industry topics. Through working with multiple customers the incumbent should be able to identify industry problems common throughout a cross section of clients and determine potential profitability of new programming. The incumbent should be able to create this training or, when necessary, identify Subject Matter Experts to author the content. Because the incumbent is expected to develop close relationships with the customer and will need to become intimate with the customer’s pain points, it is expected that the incumbent will contribute to the creation of new products designed to reduce or eliminate the customer’s specific challenges.
- The position will be expected to maintain a thorough and sophisticated level of knowledge regarding AllRegs Products, their value proposition, their relationship with each other and various uses. The incumbent will be expected to cross sell, or at the very least, refer cross sell opportunities to the sales staff.
Typical Decision Making/Problem Solving Situations
- The Education Professional Services Group Administrator will make autonomous decisions regarding the handling of day-to-day issues and problems within their group, including, but not limited to:
- Creating and following a set process that utilizes questionnaires and templates
- Minimizing labor expense sand shortening delivery time by managing customer expectations,
- Overcoming customer objections and meeting project deadlines,
- Manage a pipeline of complex projects
Impact on the Organization's Business
The Education Professional Services Group will support a new revenue stream for the organization. The Group Administrator will be critical in supporting standard services like our classroom course, online instructor led/guided programs, self-paced courseware and designation programs, but more importantly, this position will leverage AllRegs name recognition with the existing customer base for the purpose of expanding our business channel into the consulting arena. It is critical that this customer facing position deliver on the AllRegs reputation for “Fast, Reliable Answers”. This is a fast paced job that requires ingenuity, creativity, professionalism and the ability to finish a project in a timely manner.
Requirements of the Position
- Bachelors Degree or Higher (In lieu of a Bachelors degree, applicant must demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills).
- Education Project Management background or experience desired.
- Experience authoring, editing, and reviewing written documents, preferably on financial services topics.
- Knowledge of mortgage and/or banking industry processes, policies, and procedures.
- Experience with mortgage industry regulatory matters is desired.
- Experience with project management is desired.
- At least four years of experience interacting with “C” level positions and decision-makers.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, including authoring technical documents.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities successfully.
- Strict attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform detail-oriented job functions with minimal supervision as well as participate in team efforts.
- Sense of urgency.
- Experience successfully managing a professional staff of 3 or more possessing both similar and disparate job functions/responsibilities.
Skills, knowledge, professional requirements such as licenses, etc.
- Moodle or other LMS administrative experience highly desired.
- Understanding of the mortgage process and key players in the industry.
- An understanding of competitive products to AllRegs (training, compliance, publishing).
- An understanding of AllRegs products, specifically, education, and compliance publishing, policy manuals
- This is a highly visible position outside our company and demands the ability to participate in company site visits or sales calls, customer dinners or convention related events.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities.
Applying for this position
To apply for this job, email your resume to email@example.com, with the job title in the subject line.
Still have questions?
Call (800) 848-4904.