Permanent, Full-Time Position
About the Company and Benefits
AllRegs, located in Eagan, MN, is a leading provider of online information to the mortgage industry. Founded in 1989, we are the exclusive publisher of mortgage guidelines for the largest lenders in the country, as well as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago (FHLBC). We enjoy an unbroken record of 24 straight years of profitability and increased revenue growth. The AllRegs product lines consist of a sophisticated electronic publishing platform, an extensive online reference library, education and training, and a wide range of professional services.
Our workforce is comprised of highly skilled, dedicated professionals who enjoy a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a great benefits package and hire only the best.
For a better understanding of who we are and what we do, please visit us at http://www.allregs.com.
- Position is a work-at-home position with a location anywhere in the United States
- Employer-funded H.S.A. account
- Employer paid Medical Premium (83% Employee, 75% Dependents)
- Employer paid Dental Premium (90%)
- Liberal Personal Time Policy
- Profit Sharing
- 401k Retirement Plan
All inquiries will be handled in the strictest of confidence.
AllRegs is an equal opportunity employer.
The position will manage custom projects for Education and Training, primarily Branded University (LMS) instances as well as custom training content. Most clients are in the mortgage business.
This position will leverage AllRegs name recognition with the existing customer base for the purpose of expanding our business channel into the consulting arena. It requires regular contact with clients regarding deadlines, requirements and troubleshooting. The position manages internal staff and external resources to complete tasks in a timely manner. The incumbent is expected to integrate client specific information into existing AllRegs training products and services in a manner that best leverages the AllRegs education platform while meeting client needs.
It is critical that this customer facing position deliver on the AllRegs reputation for “Fast, Reliable Answers.” This is a fast paced home based job that requires ingenuity, creativity, professionalism and the ability to handle and finish multiple projects in a timely manner. The incumbent in this position must have the client’s perspective in mind at all times while adhering to AllRegs internal processes and requirements.
- Play a primary role inoOnboarding clients to a Branded University instance (learning management system or LMS), ensuring accuracy and a positive experience.
- Act as the primary client contact for training in Branded University Administration and ongoing requests for customization of their instance.
- Play a primary role in discovery and scoping of projects that range from simple customization of off-the-shelf course materials to a full life cycle such as creating fully customized curricula in multiple delivery formats.
- Work closely with the client to create a needs analysis, project plan and a budget. Help the customer gain an understanding of how their information may be integrated into the AllRegs education platform. The incumbent will then work with Sales to assist in the creation of cost estimates and proposal.
- Stay current on broad range of industry topics in order to identify industry problems common throughout a cross section of clients and determine potential profitability of new programming.
- Contribute to the creation of new products and services designed to address specific client challenges.
- Maintain a thorough level of knowledge regarding AllRegs Products, their value proposition, their relationship with each other and various uses. The incumbent will be expected to make appropriate recommendations to clients, or at the very least, refer cross sell opportunities to the sales staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher (In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, applicant must have 5 or more years of directly related experience and demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills).
- Education/Learning Project Management background or experience highly desired.
- Experience authoring, editing, and reviewing written documents, preferably on financial services topics.
- Knowledge of mortgage and/or banking industry processes, policies, procedures, key industry players and regulatory matters.
- At least four years of experience interacting with “C” level positions and decision-makers.
- Moodle or other LMS administrative experience highly desired.
- Experience successfully managing a professional staff of 3 or more possessing both similar and disparate job functions/responsibilities.
Skills and Knowledge
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities successfully.
- Strict attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform detail-oriented job functions with minimal supervision as well as participate in team efforts.
- This is a highly visible position outside our company and demands the ability to participate in company site visits or sales calls, customer dinners or convention related events.
- An understanding of AllRegs products, specifically, education, and compliance publishing, policy manuals and its competitive products in the industry is preferred.
- Highly skilled in the written English language and oral communication.
- Working knowledge of Word, XML, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat and the Internet.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Work in front of a computer for up to 8 hours/day
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities.
Applying For This Position
To apply for this job, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title in the subject line.
Still have questions? Call (800) 848-4904.